Apply to carry out work and/or place objects or structures on, in, or over a highway under Section 115E of the Highways Act 1980

  1. Payment required
    1. A fee is payable for this licence

      Payment can be made online immediately after submitting this form.
      Payment can be made using the following methods:-

  2. This application must be accompanied by:
    1. 1. A copy of your/your contractor’s current public liability insurance certificate – this must provide a minimum value of cover of £5 million.
      2. Letters and/or SWL6 forms from Statutory Undertakers confirming either that their equipment/apparatus is not affected, or, if it is, their requirements.
      3. A fee of £495.00 to be paid online(this fee may be increased to include any further costs reasonably incurred by West Berkshire Council in processing the licence).
      4. A copy of the relevant permissions given by a) The Planning Authority and b) any Building Regulations consents.
      5. Copies of the current qualifications valid under Section 67 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 of the Supervisors and Operatives who will carry out the works.
      6. A plan showing the precise location of the proposed works : Plans and sections which give details of what is proposed and it’s relationship with, and effect on, the Highway.
      7. A description of how the works will: a) Enhance the amenity of the highway and it’s immediate surroundings, and b) Provide a service for the benefit of the public or a section of the public.
    2. I have documents prepared
  3. Please note
    1. 1. The relevant notices for the works required under the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 will be provided by the applicant.
      2. Following notification of the completion of the works the installation will be maintainable by the applicant and their successors in title to the property thereafter and to a standard considered reasonable by West Berkshire Council following the date of receipt of the works completion notice.
      3. The applicant will not be granted a licence under this part of the Highways Act 1980 unless they have first obtained the consent of the frontagers with an interest and supplied this information to West Berkshire Council.