Toggle menu

About Data Protection Requests

Requesting your own personal data, or making a request for someone else

Applications for personal data

Data Protection legislation means that you have a number of rights that apply to the data that the council holds about you. One of those rights is to request a copy of the data that we hold about you, known as the "right of access".

You can make an application for your own personal data by:

Our Icon for pdf Access to Information Policy [653KB]  explains more about how we handle your data, or you can visit our list of Privacy Notices explaining how we do so for each activity.


Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Checks (previously known as Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Checks)

It's the policy of West Berkshire Council to check for previous criminal convictions when employing staff into some kinds of roles.  There's a particular need to do this with applications from people who will work with children or vulnerable adults, or in positions of trust.

Please note that enquiries about DBS checks must be made to Human Resources.


Your privacy

West Berkshire Council takes your privacy seriously.  Whenever you give us data, we provide a "Privacy Notice" explaining why we need it, what we do with the data, the circumstances it might be shared onward and how long we keep it for. 

All of our Privacy Notices are available online.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email